PARDAS ASPRIU NEGRE
How many times when tasting wines that excite us we ask ourselves the inevitable question: what would the place of origin and the ecosystem of this wine be like?
When a viticulturist makes the decision of making a single vineyard wine, it is undoubtedly his will that his work reflect the place where the wine comes from like a mirror. This will distinguish the wine and will provide it with its own identity. We are therefore moved by one desire: to transfer the terroir to the glass. The place above all else of the viticulturist.
The desire of being reunited with nature, and establishing bonds which fulfil us is only human nature after all, though very often forgotten.
Viticulturists, and winemakers when making terroir wines, maybe want to satisfy this desire, by creating an intimate connection with the environment upon searching for something irrational. Because we thoroughly believe, that the vineyard and the wine more than any other crop enable this encounter.
With regard to the location, the vineyard is called: “La Barraca”: 2.69 hectares of deep clay soils and gravel planted with cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon in 1996 located on the slopes of the Bitlles river.
- Production: 1437 bottles
- Variety: 63% Cabernet Franc 37% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Origin:Wine region only from the vineyards of La Barraca.Parcel of 2.69 acres of rocky land and deep, facing the north. The vines planted in 1996 with a 41-foot B and are in a planting of 2.40×1.20.Average production: 3000kg / h.
- Production:Harvest and manual selection of the grapes on the vine. During the fermentation process is done a couple of pumped daily. Racking the wine and pressed at low pressure with a pneumatic press. Later desfangats static at 24 and 48 hours.The malolactic fermentation occurred spontaneously when the wine was starting to tank. After the aging was not clarified or stabilized by cold, we opted for a slight leak at the time of bottling.
- Aging:It began 13th of November 2010 until 27 of December 2011.13 months and a half in new 225 litre French Oak barrels.
- Analysis:Alcohol content: 14.90% vol.
Total acidity: 6.1 g/l
Volatile acidity: 0.60 mg/l
SO2 L/T : 24/70 mg/L
Gastronomy: Due to its character and concentration, the rough recommended pairing it with intense Sobor dishes which include: braised wild boar, game meats (partridges, pigeons, vecades …) as well as red meat.